Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm back !  Finally ! I've put off blogging wayyyyy to long, at first it was because I felt guilty blogging when I was sooo busy trying to keep the christmas sessions editted. Then I just kinda kept putting it off but I have soo many things to share with you ( of course not having posted for 6 mo should give me many things to post about ) I have been so blessed to have taken some really fun photo sessions but most exciting in my life has been the decision of both of my children to accept Christ into their lives. Dillon came to me in late Sept. and I could tell he was ready to talk and make a decision, his teacher had been sharing her testimony of how she struggled and waited a long time to decide to accept Christ. It made him decide he didn't want to wait any longer! Dillon has since taken the instruction classes at church and was baptized as a new church member. Through Dillon's sharing with her, Amanda also gave her life to Christ and has followed that decision with the wearing of a head veil. What a blessing it is to know that my children are saved. In my photography I've had some really amazing first time sessions, first one that comes to mind is the birth of my neice, Kelana. Her parents asked me to be there for her birth to photograph all the details. She was born through a plan C-section and I was told to stay just inside the doors of the operating room, so I was not able to see much of the actual delivery but I did take the photographs of them checking her out and then followed her upstairs to capture all those first time moments for her mom who was still downstairs in recovery. What an amazing experince that was ! I will be forever grateful to have had the oppertunity to be there and witness the awesome miracle of birth, even by C-section ! I would love the oppertunity to do that again, just saying, so if your interested call me! Another first was photographing food for my friend who is opening a restaurant. Mmmm what fun that was ! I plan to feature their blog on here as soon as it's up and running ! I've also been busy photographing a maternity session, a family celebration of forgiveness, weddings, newborns, seniors and families,along with upgrading my business! I finally invested in my dream camera , a canon Mark 2 5d , yes I'm a canon fan, nothing against nikon , I just kept investing in canon when i made the switch to digital because that's what I was familar with.. I'm loving the camera , it makes my L-series lens totally awesome! I also had to invest in a much needed computer. I know the old one only made it throught the busy christmas season by the grace of God, I'm sure it was the most prayed over computer ever. I am so thankful that it made it to my slower season before I had to replace it. The biggest & newest edition to my business is a small studio ! My husband was laid off from work for several winter months and re-did a small room in our basement so I could set up an in-home studio. It's a small space but will work for babies, children, seniors and even a small family with young children. I'm so thankful for friends Glenda & Melissa for helping me set-up and run a few practice shots. I've been practicing on family & friends. Luckily in my family, I've had 3 neices born in March! I'm planning to offer sessions here at my home with a combination of indoor & outdoor poses. Here are a few photos to close out this long post.



Dillon's baptisim
                                    Mmmmm , yummy french fries from the food photo shoot


                                            My neice, Kelana Jewel from the delivery shoot


                                                            Practicing in the studio

                                                            More practicing !



  I hope you enjoyed reading and will be coming back for more . Please feel free to subscribe for updates. I going to work on making them much more frequent !  Blessings, Esther

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been b.u.s.y! The studio shots look GREAT! And I hope you get more births to shoot- you know I always love me some birth photos. You need a home birth situation so you could be allowed to get the actual birth. :P I so wish it would have been possible for you to take pictures of Desi's birth!
    Just reading your blog makes me anxious to round up a subject or two and head out with my camera again! Just as soon as the snow melts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are blogging again. Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete