Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kelana Joy - her birth story

ANTICIPATION

One year ago on November 5th I had the special privilage of photographing my neice's birth by C-section. I was sooooo  excited when they, Denny & Sharon  asked me if i would like to be there and record all the special moments for them. Sharon especially wanted pictures so she could see all the baby goes thru while she's still in the operating room.

 I had to wear a gown, hat & mask and was asked to stay in the corner right inside the operating room doors.


Wow lots of tools ! I'd never been in an operating room before ! I must admit my hands were shaking as we went in but as soon as I started taking pictures I forgot all about being nervous !

The nurse and  bed waiting for the new baby !

Okay, I just gotta say this ~ I decided it was NO fair ~ Sharon is laughing and joking with the doctor as he was performing the C-section! Having been through 2 natural births I can tell you that did NOT happen to me !

 And here she is ..... a baby girl !!! Such excitement as she joins a family of boys!! Sharon had an ultrasound and was told it was a girl earlier in her  pregnancy but she was trying not to get her hopes up ! I thought it was neat how the dr showed Sharon it was a girl right away. He knew how much they wanted a girl in their family !

Cleaning her up and checking her vitals

Denny cutting the cord

ohhh ~ look at all that hair !


We were amazed when Kelana grabbed ahold of the nurse's shirt and held on tight !


Finally Daddy gets to hold his little girl ! I love how you can see his grin even with the mask on.

Showing Kelana to her mommy !

Transporting Kelana up to the maturnity ward - Denny & I went with them

Laying under the light, warming up in the nursery.











Awww Daddy holding Kelana's hand - she cried alot until she discovered her finger to suck on. We decided she must have been hungry and she's still that way ! When she's hungry, look out, you can hardily feed her fast enough !



oww - getting her first shot!










After a quick visit to mommy Kelana's body temp was high enough to give her a bath.


I expected Kelana to howl & fuss during her bath but the nurse told me it's actually very relaxing and soothing to them !



She had to wash Kelana's hair several times !

 Having a bath and warming up seemed to relax Kelana

 All squeaky clean and sooooo cute =)

hey world - I'm here !!

After her body temp came back up from her bath, it was time to take her to visit Mommy again and I decided it was time to leave and give Denny & Sharon time togther with their new baby ! I will forever be grateful for the oppertunity to have been there and witnessed the birth and watch a baby ajust to the world ! So Awesome !!! I just had to marvel again at the Amazing God we serve ! I was also very impressed  with the willingness of the doctors and nurses to let me be there and photograph this.


Blessings, Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment