Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Girl Shower

 I helped plan a baby shower for my friend and it was extra special because her ultrasounds show she's having a baby girl !!! So bring on the Pink !

A poem I found for Dee. I wanted the baby shower to reflect the awesome blessing her pregnancy is. Dee has prayed and prayed for years for a child and God has answered that prayer and so we were truly celebrating that gift !

We hosted the shower at Leon Nolts in their garage
 I created these little signs with sayings for the tables - some had verses and others baby poems

 I found the pink ribbon in my stash and I had the glass jars and lots of beautiful impatiens in the garden. I was so afraid the frost would get to them before I could use them but it all worked out !
For the gift table I used an idea found while searching through blogs for inspiration. I collected baby girl clothes and pinned them to a rope. I covered the table with a white sheet and added a pink curtain to the center that I found at the salvation army on a wed. - 50 % off day =) I used the other half of the curtain on the small table by the door. After planning the shower I was delighted to discover my theme matched her baby room - flowers & butterflies !!

Dee loves books and reads them all the time to her boys !!!
Guest of honor arriving ! She was not surprised - she had figured it out !

Trina started the party with a game - she had melted candy bars in the pampers and everyone could smell and taste to figure out what type of candy bar was in the pamper !!! It was soooo funny watching everyone !The little children seemed so confused !






Then we finally let Dee open her gifts !Lots of pretty baby girl things !


 Next it was time for lunch !!! We had 3 kinds of soup - I remember cheeseburger soup, because that's what I had but I forget the other 2 kinds.

then came the sandwiches - Mmmmm , can I just say I have some very talented friends !!!

Homemade pretzel rolls with ham & cheese - Yum!!


I asked my friend Lou to make these Autumn turkey sandwiches. Amanda and I ate at the Prince street cafe one Sat while I was taking pictures near there and I ordered this sandwich. It was sooo good and I like the unique combo of ingrediants. It went over well at the shower too.
Autumn Turkey Sandwich has cheddar cheese, turkey, lettuce, bacon, apple slices and a touch of apple butter.

Dee has been eating very healthy and keeping that in mind we had a fruit and yogurt bar for dessert. We had strawberry ( pink =) & vanilla yogurt as well as strawberry & vanilla pudding for those that did not like yogurt, followed by lots of fresh fruit, granola & cool whip. It was a big hit !



Trina created these beautiful cupcakes !


Julia created the these adorable cookies


drinks were strawberry milk and pink lemonaide!



 thanks to all who helped make this a special time for Dee!!!!


Blessings,
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment