Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fresh Blueberries !!


          Yesterday morning I went to New Jersey to pick blueberries. I remember going several times as a child with my family to pick. I especially remember one year it began to rain as we were picking so we took garbage bags and cut holes in the bottom for our necks and side holes for our arms. I can still see grandma wearing her ' raincoat'  ahh memories !!


  

   I went with my Mom,brother Kevin & his wife, Lisa. I really wanted to do this with my children but it ended up that they were in SC with Dave !

We started picking around 8:30 and there was a nice breeze but by 12 if was HOT and I was wondering about my decision to pick blueberries!! We picked arround 180 lbs. for ourselves and also brought home 100 1olb. boxes for my cousin who sells them! The maxi van was stuffed!    
They provided these nifty buckets to tie arround the waist so both hands are free for picking !
Mmmm the blueberries are sooo good ! I'm going to freeze most of them for in cereal, oatmeal or eating with a little milk, love it when the milk turns to slush and I've passed that love down to Amanda ! She eats the blueberries straight from the freezer like candy, and with all the health benefits of blueberries, I'm happy to let her do that ! In honor of memories,  we also had to stop for ice cream on the way home !

No comments:

Post a Comment