Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shiloh Summer Bible School

This year I helped teach summer bible school in Reading. I was asked to teach 6th grade girls. We were given a great curiculam to teach with and the theme of the week was FORGIVENESS "the way of Jesus". Each lesson had a drama included,  featuring the story of the evening. This seemed to be a highlight for the girls !! These picures were taken on thurs. evening,  the last night of bible school. I was so impressed with the way the bible school was organized! I was blessed with plenty of helpers and a prayer partner, which I was very thankful for ! I was not sure what to expect from the girls, but was very impressed by their co-operation and respect as well as good behavior! I had between 12-17 girls each night. ( I did not teach tues. evening because of going for blueberries )

Shiloh has their summer bible school at the property the church owns. There is only a utility shed on the property, so a tent city is put up for summer bible school. This was the 'room' I had. We took the one side down because it was sooooo hot and stuffy under the tent.








 On the last night our lesson was about the woman who came to Simon's house and was crying at Jesus's feet asking for forgiveness and washing his feet with expensive perfume and dryed his feet with her hair. Here the girls are playing out the story.

 

The look on the "woman's " face when she realizes she is supposed to wipe "Jesus" feet with her hair ! It was priceless! We assured her that she only needed to act it out, not actually do it!




The 'craft ' for thurs. evening was cake decorating ! Of course when I plan this craft I was anticipating up to 10 girls not 17 ! Any way I baked them each a 9' cake ( I used 1 9x13 batter for 3 9'' pans) 6 chocolate from scratch and 12 white cakes from box mix.



The girls could pick the color they wanted their base icing to be and then decorate the cake with icing, sprinkles and crystal sugars.



Notice the blue lips from tasting the icing !


Notice the t-shirt with the bible verse on it . That was the craft project for tues. evening.



They were so excited about the cakes !! It made the work getting the cakes ready worth while =)



Jenn ( in the pink ) was one of my teacher's aides and did a great job !! Thanks Jenn it was great working with ya! I really enjoyed the week and these girls have a way of working themselves into your heart ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment