Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Favorite House

          When I worked at Sycamore Springs, we decorated this house every year for christmas and out of all the customers houses I've been to, this one was my favorite ! About 2 years ago the house was sold and the owner moved away, so I thought I would share my pictures with you of what the house used to look like decorated for christmas. She gave us free reign to go in and do what ever as long it looked beautiful and went with the house.

When you walked into the foyer this was the staircase we decorated with fresh cedar roping, it smelled soo.. good !
We put extra lg bows and ornaments on the newal posts
Ahh the beautiful great room ! The owner had found a picture in a magazine for this mantel display and the first year we made it with fresh greens , but it stained up the mantel & mirror, so we recreated the look with artifical greens, berries, pomegrantes, pinecones etc.
In the front windows we hung beautiful mercury balls with sheer gold ribbon.
We decorated the entry pillars with swags & bows and some yrs. a big wreath.
We hung a fresh 24'' wreath in the windows on the front of the house with a red velvet ribbon we pinched into the windows and 3 smaller wreaths up on the dormers.
I filled this urn with fresh greens and bows.
A swag wired to the lamp post with red & gold ribbon.
And the front door !  I really love this house and I hope you enjoyed this little tour of it !

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I can't even imagine what it must be like to live in a house like that- especially at Christmas! I don't know why, but the inside, with all the Christmas decorations, reminds me of some Old English-type of style- like something out of a Dicken's book. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete